Custom rooms may be created by (non-Junior) players to customise the #RecRoomOriginal Games or to create entirely new rooms and games. All custom rooms have the Room Tag #community. For examples of some excellent player-created rooms, see Featured Rooms.
- To customise a #RecRoomOriginal game room, find the room in the Play Menu of the Watch Menu, tap the blue "i" icon to see the room details for the room. Tap "Go to Private" to create a private version of the room and change the length of games or the weapons that are available, etc. (see the Game Setup of the This Room Menu in the Watch Menu). You can also create a named copy of a #RecRoomOriginal room with the "Copy" button on the room details page. (You won't be allowed to use the Maker Pen in these copies with the exception of copies of ^Park and ^Lounge.)
- To create a new custom room, use the Create Menu of the Watch Menu. This allows you to add items from the Palette, construct new objects with the Maker Pen, and/or program new game rules with Circuits. Note that the base rooms corresponding to #RecRoomOriginal rooms have no built-in gameplay. (Formerly, this was known as "sandbox room mode.")
- If the creator of a #community room allows it, you can also create a copy of a room with the "Copy" button in the room details: find the room in the Play Menu of the Watch Menu and tap the blue "i" icon to get there.
Custom rooms may be saved with the This Room Menu of the Watch Menu such that they are persistent and you can visit them any time. Names of custom rooms start with a "^" (symbolizing a house). You can browse custom rooms and find any published custom room by name with the Play Menu of the Watch Menu. You can create new custom rooms and access your own custom rooms with the Create Menu of the Watch Menu.
To delete one of your custom rooms, log in on rec.net, find your room, open settings for the room (the gear symbol), and click on "Delete".
Decorating and Customizing Custom Rooms
You can edit any custom room with the This Room Menu of the Watch Menu. If it is not a customized #RecRoomOriginal game, you can also grab various built-in objects from the Palette and place them in your room. For example:
- A list of all available built-in objects is on the page about the Palette.
- In order to construct objects that are not in the Palette, you can make them yourself with a Maker Pen.
- In order to allow visitors to go directly to another custom room, place a Room Door in your custom room.
- The Maker Pen can also be used to create Circuits that can track the score, make public announcements, end the game, etc.